Sparkling clean homes understand the value of making your own cleaning products instead of relying solely on store-bought options. While it may initially seem like a daunting task, the truth is that with the right ingredients and a little time, creating your own cleaning products can be surprisingly easy.
Not only does this approach help you save money, but it also benefits the environment and ensures a safer home environment for you and your loved ones. By making your own cleaning products, you have full control over the ingredients used, avoiding the mystery of numerous unknown chemicals often found in commercial alternatives.
In this guide, we provide you with a curated list of the best ingredients to create your own cleaning supplies, along with their specific cleaning benefits. Get ready to embrace the world of DIY cleaning and experience the satisfaction of a cleaner and healthier home.
- Baking Soda – this is a very common household item that most people have. It can be used in many different types of cleaning products for different surfaces. When combined with vinegar, baking soda can be used to help remove grease and tough stains.
- Vinegar – like baking soda, vinegar is also cheap and usually in most pantries. Vinegar works like alcohol to remove grease, stains and can also be used to disinfect coffee machines, microwaves and ovens.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – This is sold in most grocery and/or drug stores. It is best used for cleaning glass, countertops and sinks.
- Lemons – Mix lemons, vinegar and water to make an all purpose cleaner. The vinegar will clean while the lemon will leave a lovely scent behind. Lemons can also be used to clean tough stains inside microwaves by adding lemon to a bowl of water and microwaving for 5 minutes.
- Salt – Salt is best for cleaning grease, at it is a rough substance that goes deep into the grease to scrub it away. Salt can be used on the inside of ovens, pans, and can also unclog sinks.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree Oil is used for many different types of things, from skincare to preventing infections on bites as well as cleaning products. It has a very strong smell as it is an essential oil. It can be added to a diffuser to clean the air in your home, or add it to your washing machine and run a cycle to clean out the machine.
These products can be combined together or used by themselves to create great household cleaning products. Learn how to make these products at home, here.
We use high-quality products with fresh natural ingredients here at WestMaids – so book today!