Finding a wood stain on your beautiful furniture or hardwood floors can be frustrating. If not treated properly, the stain can stay there forever and dull the look of natural wood. Treating wood stains the right way is easy, as long as it is taken care of soon after the stain has happened. Try not to leave the stain for too long as this can make removing it more difficult. Wood stains can occur from glass rings from not using a coaster, spills, or even using the wrong cleaning supplies on real wood. Make sure to always have a proper cleaning product that is designated for hardwood, and a wood polish. This will keep your wood surfaces clean and looking new. If you would rather not DIY a wood stain, you can always hire a Calgary cleaning service to come and do it for you!
Removing Water Stains From Wood
Water stains are the most common types of wood stains as they are more likely to happen from accidents or not putting a table cloth or coaster down on a wood surface. To remove water stains from wood, follow the steps below.
Supplies Needed: Water, Salt, Petroleum Jelly
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt and a few drops of water, and mix to make a paste.
- Use a soft cloth to rub the paste gently over the stain.
- Make sure to use a minimal amount of water, as this can damage the wood further if too much water is used.
- Use a thin layer of petroleum jelly on the stained area and leave overnight.
- Wipe away the jelly the next day and voila! Stain gone.
Make sure to thoroughly clean and polish the area that had the stain once it has been removed. This will preserve the wood and make sure that there is no product left behind where it was cleaned.